Song without Words


Does one need to see an actual image of a race car to comprehend 'speed'?
Is the image of a seesaw one of the only means to convey 'balance'?

These, I feel are the fun part of exploring the fundamentals of visual grammar. Stripped of imagery and symbolism, how can an emotion or a concept be represented with help of only lines circles and squares.

The following are some of the such examples. One concept conveyed with the help of 1) lines, 2) circles and 3) squares.

Motion:

Distance:

Growth:

1 comment:

  1. Dear Roopa,

    I am really impress by your work, I dont know how you have done all these experiments ... really amazing.
    Actually right now studying at LCC and really struggling, like how to carry out these type of experiments? I need your help and advice, would you please help me. My email is rtouqir@hotmail.com.

    All the best
    Kind Regards

    R Touqir

    ReplyDelete